Wire crackmeters can be adopted in the same application as for the electric crackmeters in case the anchoring points are distant or larger displacements are foreseen, such as in monitoring of landslides or rockfalls.
A steel wire, connected to a rotatory potentiometer, can be fixed and extended to two anchoring points at a distance up to 10 meters.
– Cracks and joints of buildings and monuments
– Mutual distance between elements of bridges
– Displacement of retaining of tunnel’s ribs and lining
– Structural joints of dams
– Monitoring of landslides and rock masses